Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Nut Cookies
(from Aimee at I Tri to Be Me)
* 1/3C almond/cashew/peanut butter
* 2Tbl. canola oil
* 3/4C raw sugar
* 1/3C soymilk
* 1tsp. vanilla extract
* 1C whole wheat flour
* 1/2tsp. baking soda
* 1/2tsp. salt
* 1C rolled oats
* 2/3C chocolate chips
* 1/2C chopped walnuts/macadamia nuts (I used walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix together all the ingredients from almond butter to vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, oats, and chopped nuts.
4. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until just combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips
6. Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet
7. Bake 10-12 minutes. Note: these cookies do not spread out like regular cookies, so it's kind of hard to tell if they're done. Just keep checking on them to make sure they don't burn.
I made this on 3/28/10, and they were delish. I used peanut butter. Next time I will try the recipe with less sugar.